The Dean Cook Memorial Shootout
June 18-21, 2015
BYSL is pleased to announce that the tournament known for 34 years as the Idaho Falls Shootout (IFSO) has officially been renamed the Dean Cook Memorial Shootout (DCMS) in memory of Dean Cook, pioneer in soccer in East Idaho! Along with the name change, participants will see many other changes. Kristy and Jason Child have been approved by the BYSL Board to Direct the DCMS. A committee has been formed and is working to ensure that this is the best BYSL tournament ever!
The date for the tournament, which for the past several years was held in mid-May, has been changed to the 3rd weekend in June. One of the main reasons for the change is to allow more teams from surrounding states a chance to travel to our great city and join us for a more diverse selection of competition. Another reason is to accommodate a growing request from teams in and around Idaho Falls, as well as from surrounding states, to be able to win the tournament without having to play a Sunday Championship.
As the tournament is being planned, Kristy and Jason would like to extend an invitation for those who have ideas for improvements to the DMCS or would like to be on the DCMS planning committee to please contact them:
They would also like to invite any of you talented artists to submit design ideas that can be used for the 2015 DCMS! They are looking for something that would look great on t-shirts, medals, and other advertisements. The winning entry will win a pizza party for his or her team!!! All entries must be submitted by November 15, 2014. Please contact Kristy or Jason with questions.
DATES: Thursday, June 18 through Sunday, June 21 (Sunday play is not required) (local teams may play Wednesday, June 17th)
U11/U12 (9v9) – TBA
U13 & up (11v11) - TBA
- Tournament Directors: Jason & Kristy Child
- Field Maps
- IF Shootout Rules:
- ROSTER FORM:
- AWARDS: Participation pins and programs for all players. Individual medals for first and second place – each division.
- DIVISIONS: (minimum 3 teams/division):
- Boys (9v9) U-11 & U-12; (11v11) U-13, U-14, U15, U-16, U-17, U-18, U-19
- Girls(9v9) U-11 & U-12; (11v11) U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17, U-18, U-19
- FORMAT: Three games minimum. Non-Sunday play divisions will have Championship games Saturday evening. Sunday play divisions (if applicable) will have Sunday morning/early afternoon championship games. USYSA/IYSA Rules. In the event of a tie in a bracket, a tiebreaker point system will be used.
- Tournament Apparel: