Funeral Services for Mr. Dean Cook will be held at:
- LDS Church Stake Center @2025 Jennie Lee, in Idaho Falls off from 17th Street (It is south of Lowe’s and East of Apple Athletic Center and & Albertsons
There will be two viewings:
- Friday, April 4th from 6:30-8:00 pm
- Saturday, April 5th from 9:45-10:45 am
Funeral Services will be:
- Saturday, April 5th at 11:00 am
Grave-side Service will immediately follow the funeral service.
- At Fielding Memorial Park off Yellowstone Highway.
- Several of you have asked if you could send flowers, cards, etc. The family has requested in lieu of flowers, if you could send contributions to “RYAN COOK” and mail to: Ryan Cook, 1365 Mojave, Idaho Falls, ID 83404. ($$$ will go towards funeral costs, his insurance did not cover “natural causes.”). Ryan Cook has also set up an account at Beehive Credit Union in Idaho Falls. You may also walk into Beehive and put money into the memorial fund personally. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
- Dean died doing what he loves doing; in the middle of SOCCER stuff. Bobbi Tracy last spoke to him at 11:30 pm on Sunday evening, he said he wasn’t feeling well and needed her help on Monday afternoon. The coroner put his Time of Death at 12:30 am (on Monday).
- To view the Wood Funeral-home Memorial page, with Mr. Cook’s “Life Legacy” and a “Guestbook” click here: http://www.woodfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1279257
FYI-All Snake River League Games for this week are CANCELLED. Games in the Snake River League will begin during the week of April 7, 2014.
Message from IYSA District II Commissioner Bobbi Tracy:
As I’m sure you can imagine; we are still reeling from the Shock of losing our fearless leader, friend, and family member. Ryan Cook is trying to get all the “family” details figured out, and Bobbi Tracy is trying to get all the “soccer” stuff figured out. Dean had HUGE shoes to fill in all his capacity’s, so it will be a bit of a challenge in getting everything back in “smooth” running order. So your patience is greatly appreciated. (And thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, they are felt and appreciated.)
Dean Cook will have a viewing Friday night and his funeral will be Saturday. Ryan is at the funeral home right now, so arrangements will be announced ASAP.
As District Commissioner, I am making the EXECUTIVE DECISION … that ALL games for this week is CANCELLED. For Dean, for wet fields, for proposed upcoming storm warning ….(and for those that have made that suggestion … thank you)
BYSL CONTACT INFO: “Acting President” – Dan Beck; 206-5588 (Beck_dan@hotmail.com)
ODYSSEY SOCCER CLUB: Registrar: Dee Tigue, 589-0971, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DISTRICT INFORMATION: District Commissioner: Bobbi Tracy, 524-4352,email@example.com,
NOTE: As far as District Scheduler, we are still in the works of finding out who can make that happen, but we have some plans — so for now stay stuned.
Due to the snow on the fields, (creating muddy conditions), and the loss of Dean Cook today, YPD will not start until April 7, 2014.
U6, U8, and U10 will all start practice on Monday, April 7, 2014 at 5:30. Please contact Dan Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Today Mr. Dean Cook passed away. For those of you who knew Dean, he was a great pioneer in Idaho Falls Soccer who gave an enormous amount of his time and energy into making our soccer programs better. He will be sorely missed. I don’t have any details at this point, but wanted to pass on the information.
REST IN PEACE Mr. DEAN COOK!!!
The Snake River Soccer League Schedule has been posted. While there may still be a few changes, you can still check it out by following the link below:
FROM PETER STILLING:
USSF Grade 7 Course
DATE: Tuesday, July 8, 6-10 pm and Wednesday, July 9, 6-10 pm (both nights are required)
LOCATION: BYU-Idaho, Hart Building Room 170
By the new standards that will go into effect on July 1, 2014, a candidate will not be required to have been a Grade 8 Referee to become a Grade 7 referee. However, it is my personal recommendation that the referee has at least completed the Grade 8 online material so that they at least have a basic framework of The Laws of the Game before becoming a Grade 7 referee. Although this is not mandatory nor can I enforce such a requirement, I make the statement none-the-less.
The purpose of the Grade 7 Referee Course is to prepare officials for the amateur adult game. Based on the level of training provided, U.S. Soccer recommends that these officials be assigned accordingly to best service the game.
See attached Referee Requirements to see the new requirements for the various Grade levels.
BYU-Idaho | Network Engineer
Rigby Hall Room 356
525 S. Center St
Rexburg, ID 83460-4540
The U10 Jamboree has been moved to the Church of the Nazarene at 1900 Grandview. It will be from 5:30-7:00 tonight (March 11).